A tasty, spicy recipe for wild boar from renowned chef and hunter Mike Robinson.
1 ‘salmon’ fillet from the haunch of a wild boar
For the green salsa
1 handful basil
1 handful coriander
1 handful parsley
1 red chilli
3 cloves garlic
Juice of a lime
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Take a primal muscle off the haunch – in this case the ‘salmon’ fillet.
2. Add a handful of parsley, coriander, three garlic cloves, a chilli, salt, pepper and olive oil to a pestle and mortar. Squeeze in the juice of a lime and pound into a tasty, tangy sauce, full of punch and a bit rough.
3. Marinate the boar in the salsa for 10 minutes, then wrap in parma ham (a great old technique!), encase in parchment and foil, and place the package in the fan oven, preheated to 150ºC, for 10–15 minutes.
4. Remove the juicy parcel and rest for 5 minutes before cutting open the parchment.
5. To serve, cut the meat into four big chunks and lay them on a bed of the sauce.